Twifo Praso: Man battles for his life after being Electrocuted
Story: Kwame Owusu Asante Shadrack
22-year-old Prosper Gyasi is battling for his life at the Twifo Praso District Hospital in the Twifo Atimorkwa District of the Central Region, after he was electrocuted as a result of climbing Electricity pole.
According to a police report, “at about 6:00 am, a distress call was received to the effect that a certain man believed to be in his 20s was Electrocuted at Twifo Praso New Market after climbing the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) transformer pole behind SUNTURK supermarket”.
The report indicated that at the scene, the victim was seen with severe burns and various degrees of injuries on his face, head, legs, and hands.
He was then rushed to Twifo Praso District Hospital for treatment, where he was admitted and is currently responding to treatment.
An investigation conducted by Angel FM/TV Reporter Kwame Owusu Asante Shadrack suggested that the victim, Prosper Gyasi, a native of Pamo, a suburb of Twifo Praso was alleged to have stated that he had been indulging in illicit drugs, and that about two months ago, he went to the River Pra in the morning with Bread and Schnapps to seek protection in life.
According to the victim, some spirits visited him at home and demanded more sacrifices from him and since then, he had not been himself and as such, a lot of thoughts kept going through his mind to commit suicide.
He stated that on 20th October, 2022 at about 05: 45 pm, he did not know what came over him and he climbed the Electricity Transformer pole at Newmarket, Twifo Praso, and got electrocuted.
This should be a lesson to the rest of the youth in Praso. Drugs will eventually destroy you